Membership
User Recognition
Site Contributions

About Captains of Middle Earth

Captains Of Middle Earth was brought to life on April-1st-2009,  on the Vilya Server.

We at Captains aka {CoMe} take pride in our social community..
Our ages range. We enjoy learning new things about the game together, grouping up in fellowships and sometimes raiding though its not our main focus. .  We welcome all Classes levels and races . and all ages welcome.. please feel free to leave a shout out.. when Vilya closed and they condensed the servers , We  moved to the Landroval server.. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Captains of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Role-Playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilbryt
Experienced Poster

re: Gilbryt's Journey

Preamble (OOC): I have been in the game since 2007. My first character was Gilpenthir (a hunter) Once he reached 50 (cap then) I started Gilbryt, my LM and now main. I started to think about role-play a bit and even wrote a bio. Lately, I have gotten into more RP in the game. To begin, I will write my bio here. I hope you enjoy it.

As it was told to me, my grandparents were among the earliest re-settlers of Dale, with King Bard, following the destruction of Smaug. It was in Dale where my parents met. My parents, especially my father, were tailors of some skill. In those days, there was active trade between the men of Dale and the Sylvan Elves of Northern Mirkwood.

On one occasion, my parents were traveling to trade with the elves. I was, as yet, unborn, but expected. As my parents party neared the forest, they were attacked by goblins. A party of elves were in pursuit and slew goblins, but not before my father was struck down defending my mother.

My mother was in no condition to return to Dale at the moment. The elves, in their kindness, bore my mother to the house of King Thranduil. It was there I entered the world.

There being no opportunity for my mother to return to Dale quickly, I spent my childhood among the elves. It was during these years I first developed my interest in lore.

As I entered my teens, we found our way back to Dale. My mother wished to return and teach me of my heritage. As the business of making a living became a reality, I neglected my study of lore.

Mother and I had a number of happy years together in Dale, until she took ill. There was nothing anyone in Dale could do for her and she died. I took this very hard. I believed that if I had not neglected my studies, she would not have died. I was ashamed of myself. The day after mother was laid to rest, I left Dale, determined to become a master of lore, never again to lose someone I love to disease when it's in my power to help.

There is much to tell between then and now, but, I have wandered, alone, over great distances. I can cure many diseases, but I find it cruelly ironic that I have no one to love whom these skills could help.

Last edited by Gilbryt on May 22, 2012 1:31:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morguldur
Officer
Nub

re: Good

Yea there seems to be a lack of the roleplaying part of this game which is a shame, but there are some out there that actually do and I appreciate that. It is not all about the endgame. Role Play On!
Gilbryt
Experienced Poster

re: Re: Good

LysLyvBladesong wrote:
Yea there seems to be a lack of the roleplaying part of this game which is a shame, but there are some out there that actually do and I appreciate that. It is not all about the endgame. Role Play On!

So, do you role play in-game? If so, I would be more than happy to RP with you.
Morguldur
Officer
Nub

re: At Times

Yea to a point I do and I get into the aspect of that game. It is just my busy season at work so time is of the essence these days
Gilbryt
Experienced Poster

re: Re: At Times

LysLyvBladesong wrote:
Yea to a point I do and I get into the aspect of that game. It is just my busy season at work so time is of the essence these days

Well, when time allows, I'd be happy to RP with you. I've actually done adventuring with others in character. Great fun. I look forward to meeting in-game for proper introductions.
Gilbryt
Experienced Poster

re: Re: Gilbryt's Journey

The time to continue the story is here. I closed last time with the following, and will pick up with that theme.

Gilbryt wrote:
There is much to tell between then and now, but, I have wandered, alone, over great distances. I can cure many diseases, but I find it cruelly ironic that I have no one to love whom these skills could help.

Recently, while on a visit to Imladris (Rivendell), I happened to make the acquaintance of a beautiful young lady. We talked for awhile over a glass of wine in the Halls of Fire. When she laughed, my spirit lightened, as though I were young and carefree once again. Needless to day, this caught me by surprise. I determined right then that I must get to know this lady better.

Since then, we have gone on many adventures together and spent quieter times together to unwind afterward. Holly has a pure spirit and an infectious personality and brings light into the dark places of Eriador and beyond. It is a joy to be with her and I feel very privileged that she enjoys my company as well.

In the end, against all hope, I am no longer alone.
Briannas
Briannas
Experienced Poster

re: role playing

Excellant bio of your life. thanks for sharing ..

re: How Gilbryt met his mother

It's high time I updated my story. In this chapter I will talk about meeting my mother. Now, I wrote previously of spending my childhood among the elves and of the untimely death of my mother in Dale. So what, you may ask, do I mean by meeting my mother?

I was still a child in Mirkwood when I first met Lassiel. She was visiting her father Gilpenthir. I should note that Gilpenthir was one of the elves who rescued my mother from the goblin raid. It was he who insisted that my mother be brought to King Thranduil’s house to recover from the ordeal. He visited us frequently while we lived among the elves and try as he might, could not dissuade me from my interest in lore and convince me, young though I was, to become a hunter, as he was. On one of his visits to my mother and me, he brought his daughter, Lassiel along. To this day I don’t know why, but Lassiel took a keen interest in my mother and me, especially my development.

She encouraged me in my early studies and taught me much about elven culture and customs. She was very good to us and became much like a second mother to me before our return to Dale.

When mother died and I left Dale, I first came back to the elves where I resumed my studies for a time. As fate would have it, Lassiel was again visiting Gilpenthir. She still mothered me, even though I was a young man then. But, with the loss of my mother, I welcomed her care.

Then came a day when she was summoned by Lord Elrond for a mission of great importance. About that time, I determined it was time to leave the safety of the elves and journey west also. Lassiel and Gilpenthir felt I should have a family to return to always, and so Lassiel asked if I would permit her to become a mother to me from then on. I accepted this generous offer right then.

I journeyed to Imladris with Gilpenthir and Lassiel. They tarried there while I continued on to Bree-land. In a case of mistaken identity, for that is what it must have been, I was captured by brigands most foul near the village of Archet. After a harrowing escape and adventure, Lassiel caught up with me in Bree-land. She journeyed with me often, making sure I stayed safe.

I see her less frequently these days, but it’s good to know I have an elven family to lean on during tough times should I need to.
Gilbryt
Experienced Poster

re: Exciting developments

There have recently been some exciting developments in my journey. I mentioned Holly in an earlier chapter. She has agreed to become my wife. ((NOTE: This is all in-character and in game only. There is nothing else involved here.))

We are currently planning an engagement party, to which you shall receive invitations. ((Again, this will be a role-play event, so you need feel no obligation to attend, especially if RP is not your cup of tea.))

More to come...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Captains of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Role-Playing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: